German Regulations Come Into Effect on July 1st
This Thursday, July 1st, the new regulatory framework for Germany will officially launch. Please read this article carefully for further explanations of these changes and how they will affect your Wheelz account.
Changes Already in Effect
In preparation for the upcoming German regulations, Wheelz and its sister brands have already made significant modifications to German gameplay.
- The maximum bet for German players per game round (spin) is €1.
- FastPlay, or similar features using different branding, has been disabled. Per the regulation, there is a minimum of five seconds between any two spins.
- Live Casino, jackpot, and table games have been disabled per the regulations. If and when the German regulator allows this, we will act quickly to turn these games back on for the German market.
Changes on July 1, 2021
- Common accounts: Starting on July 1st, German players with multiple accounts at Rootz brands (Wheelz, Caxino, and Wheelz) will have their account consolidated into a single, universal account across all brands. For example, if you have a €200 balance at Wheelz and a €100 balance at Wildz, the balances will be combined into a single account with €300. Whenever you log into a Rootz brand, you will play with this single account balance that transfers between brands as you play.
- Common login: The first time you log into a Rootz brand, you will be prompted to confirm that this account’s login details will serve as your master logins for all Rootz brands.
- Deposit limits: €1000 deposit limit within a 30-day window across all Rootz brands. For example, if you have both Wheelz and Caxino accounts and deposit €750 at Wheelz, you can only deposit another €250 in a 30-day period between both accounts.
- Brand switching timeout: If you log out of one of our brands, you will be subject to a 1-minute timeout before being able to log into another Rootz brand.
Should any further changes come into effect, we’ll be sure to let you know. As always, feel free to contact customer support if you have any questions or comments related to this new regulation or any other issue.